I was listening to one of my teachers present today to my faculty of 40 and thought that the apps shared were so good that I would share them with our Unlock the Teacher blog readers. I feel blessed to work in a building with such creative energy and passion for teaching and work with a professional development team at Unlock the Teacher LLC that I sometimes have to pause…and remember to whom much is given, much will be expected. Thank you to all the teachers out there who sacrifice and share their time and talent for our children…our future!
Class Dojo: www.classdojo.com (FREE App)
- Great visual for student and teacher; keeps students engaged
- Program has the ability to email parents a graph of behavior data
Showing Student Growth
ThreeRing: www.threering.com (FREE App)
- Capture student work in a virtual portfolio
- Take a picture, audio or video
- Share with parents and peers
- Students can upload various works
Quizlet: www.quizlet.com (FREE App)
- Set up vocabulary flashcards
- Students can access cards from any SMART device
- Do NOT need access to Internet once cards are downloaded
A+Pro: www.A+Pro.com (FREE App)
- Similar to Quizlet
- Flashcard application
- Cards can be placed in groups or topics…great for vocabulary or research papers 🙂
- Cards can be separated into “know”, “unsure” or “don’t know” piles to help with memorization
Educreations: www.educreation.com (FREE App)
- Ability to make presentation videos with voice over…FUN!
- Great to use when student is absent from a class
- Students can create presentations to demonstrate mastery…THINK Bloom’s Taxonomy
If you have some great apps for learning, please share. It is in the collaborative process that we all learn! When we share what we know, the students benefit.
May we continue to seek knowledge in all things,
P.S. Thank you Karina for allowing me to share with our Unlock the Teacher readers. Mucho Gracias!